Lendlease is committed to operating Incident & Injury Free wherever we have a presence. We employ a number of strategies to protect the safety of the public, our employees and contractors.
Lendlease monitors Peninsula Link via CCTV cameras and regular patrols of the freeway. There are 27 CCTV cameras located on the freeway and 34 roadside assistance phones located along both carriageways of Peninsula Link.
If you breakdown or are involved in an accident while travelling on Peninsula Link, please do the following:
- If it is an emergency, call 000
- Turn on your hazard lights
- If possible, drive your car into an emergency stopping lane
- If you are able to use a roadside help phone safely, do so to contact the control room for assistance; otherwise call 03 5978 4012 on your mobile phone
- Wait in your car with your seatbelt on for Lendlease to arrive at the scene
Take care on Peninsula Link, and remember:
- Never walk across the freeway
- If you do need to stop in the emergency stopping lane, be aware that this is a high risk location and always exit your vehicle from the door furthest from the traffic lanes
- Be aware of stopping distances. Leave enough of a gap between you and the vehicle in front
- Never read or send a text message while driving
- Always turn your headlights on in wet or poor weather. Headlights make it easier for others to see you
- Driver fatigue is a factor in 1 in 5 road fatalities. Take regular breaks on long trips
Lend Lease operates an Access Request and Approval system for works on Peninsula Link. All contractors or organisations requiring access to the freeway must do so via the Access Request System.
All visitors are required to complete a safety induction at head office, located at the Golf Links Operations Facility.
If you intend to undertake field inspections or activities, you will be required to wear personal protective equipment (steel cap boots, safety eyewear, a high visibility vest, long sleeves and trousers). You must follow all safety procedures as outlined by Lendlease.
Employees and contractors
Lendlease employees are subject to the following safety procedures:
- An approved traffic management plan and a current site access permit must be submitted and approved prior to undertaking works within the freeway alignment
- Project inductions that outline general safety hazards and controls and legal safety requirements must be completed by every person
- Every person on the site must wear personal protective equipment (PPE). This includes safety eyewear, steel capped boots and full length high visibility clothing, along with task-specific PPE
- Every employee must attend the daily pre-start meeting to discuss the activities and possible issues anticipated for the day. A daily Job Hazard Analysis Card is prepared which identifies any additional hazards and safety controls that may be different for that particular day
- When working on a particular task for the first time, employees must work through a Safe Work Method Statement and discuss as necessary
- If items of plant and equipment are involved, additional requirements involving the plant risk assessment, operating instructions and checklists are worked through to ensure the machine is in a safe condition to operate